Date:Tuesday January 26 2010
For those of you left in any doubt as to why Gary Johnson must go after tonight's debacle, here are 10 reasons why he has reached the end of the line.
* Dire, boring, negative, uninspiring football for nearly TWO years now. Enough is enough.
* The pay-on-the-day attendance is the lowest it has been in years. Fans are voting with their feet and it must be impacting on the clubs finances. This cannot be allowed to continue with the new stadium a few years away.
* Millions of pounds have been chucked away on a vast array of deadwood. Either that or good players have been signed (Sno? Clarkson?) but have been messed around by playing them out of position.
* As it stands now, we have 20 games to go. We need another 15-20 points to stay up. That's enough time to identify and bring in the right man, allowing plenty of time for whoever that may be to assess the squad ahead of next season. NOW IS THE TIME TO DO IT.
* His love affair on constantly criticising anyone but himself. He happily blames the media, the players or the even us, the fans! He happily takes the plaudits when things go well but never takes any responsibility when the wheels fall off, like they did tonight.
* The fact he's reluctant to blood any of our youth players from the Academy. Casing point, Ribeiro kept Cardiff's Adam Matthews out of the Welsh U21 side yet Matthews is attracting interest from all the big boys to the tune of £5m. How does that work if the Welsh coaches rated Ribs as a better prospect? I'm damned if I know the answer!
* The fact he's constantly bringing in ex-Yeovil players or family members to keep him in the comfort zone, yes men in other words. I heard a rumour a few months back that he tried to get his other brother in to head up the Academy only for it to be vetoed. What a joke!
* The constant contradictions and lies spouted to the fans. One week, he says we don't need width, the next he signs Campbell-Ryce!
* There is a HUGE divide between the fans right now and it's all his fault. It is effecting the team in a negative way and we're going backwards rapidly. We all need to be together, pulling in the same direction again.
* The whole place needs fresh ideas and impetus. Things have been stale for far too long now. The club needs a shake up from top to bottom. We need the Academy to be properly headed up by someone with experience, like Lennartsson, to ease the transition for the promising kids to make an impact in the first team.
Every player and manager has a limit of potential they can reach before hitting the ceiling. It's no different to any of us in our average line of work. Sadly, Johnson has reached that point now.
It speaks volumes that I am not turning the air blue right now after that totally demoralising and woefully inept performance but that's purely because I am not surprised. This has been coming for months. Sheffield Wednesday and Reading both could've done what the Sheepsh*ggers did to us on our own patch tonight.
Johnson's done a superb job getting us to where we are now, and for that he deserves to be thanked, but there is absolutely NO doubt in my mind now that he has reached the point of no return. So please Gary, do us all a favour... walk away and keep what diminishing reputation you still have left.
Date:Tuesday January 26 2010
Stats: Barnsley v Bristol City (Saturday October 25 2014)
Team News From Oakwell: Barnsley vs City (Saturday October 25 2014)
Plymouth Want To Keep Bobby Reid Longer. (Thursday October 23 2014)
Cotterill On Bradford Draw. (Wednesday October 22 2014)
Stats: Bristol City v Bradford City (Tuesday October 21 2014)
Cotterill Warns Of Set Piece Dangers. (Tuesday October 21 2014)
Smith Ready For Return To Side v Bradford? (Monday October 20 2014)
Stead Back At Ashton Gate On Tuesday (Monday October 20 2014)
Cotterill Touched By Fans Reaction. (Monday October 20 2014)
City v Bradford: Win, Lose or Draw? (Sunday October 19 2014)
|Sheff Utd||1||-||2||Bristol City|
|1. Bristol City||15||9||6||0||+15||33|
|3. Notts County||14||7||5||2||+9||26|
|5. Sheff Utd||14||8||2||4||+4||26|
|7. MK Dons||13||7||3||3||+12||24|
» Crawley : 25/10/2014 18:22:00
» MK Dons : 25/10/2014 18:02:00
» Colchester : 25/10/2014 17:58:00
» Crewe : 25/10/2014 17:53:00
» Preston : 25/10/2014 17:52:00