Bristol City Take On Derby
Derby are the visitors to BS3 this weekend and the two teams are both looking for maximum points for very different reasons.
The Rams are going all out for a play-off place and three points would do their quest no end of good.
Meanwhile, City are looking to get further away from the relegation places and now the form has improved, there is no reason why we shouldn't be celebrating come Saturday night.
City boss Keith Millen...
"We'll make sure we're ready for Derby.
"If I can start out on the road to Manager of the Month for December with a win, that would be good.
"I know the kiss of death has happened a few times over the years and I'll be looking to avoid that.
"It's a shame the Nottingham Forest match was called off because we had hit a good run of form and felt confident going there.
"Derby will be another tough test."
Bristol City Team News:
Leading scorer Jon Stead and defender Christian Ribeiro should be in the Bristol City squad to face Derby.
Both players have benefited from the extra rest after last week's game against Nottingham Forest was postponed.
Stead, who had a three-month loan spell at Derby during the 2006/07 season, has recovered from an ankle problem while the knee injury Ribeiro suffered against Sheffield United two weeks ago was not as bad as initially feared.
However, the news was not so good for fellow defender Louis Carey after scans revealed he has a torn calf muscle.
The City captain has been out since sustaining the injury in the defeat at Leeds on November 13 but he now faces an extended spell on the sidelines.
Player to watch: Brett Pitman
Three goals in his last two make him the man in form.
Derby Team News:
Derby striker Alberto Bueno could make his return from injury.
The Spaniard - who has scored three times during his loan spell from Valladolid - pulled his hamstring during the televised defeat at Burnley last month but could come straight back into Nigel Clough's side.
Goalkeeper Frank Fielding is due to play the final game of his loan spell from Premier League side Blackburn while striker Shefki Kuqi is also due to make his final appearance for the Rams before returning to Swansea.
Jake Buxton is still sidelined by his back injury and Steven Davies is a long-term absentee with his knee injury.
Defender Miles Addison completes the injury list as he makes steady progress in his comeback from a foot problem.
Player to watch: Kris Commons
Match Facts & Stats
• These clubs have met 50 times in the league. Derby have won 28 of those matches and City 12.
• They have each won eight of their league clashes at Ashton Gate, of which nine have been drawn.
• City have scored in nine consecutive league matches.
• Of their 186 goal attempts this season, 109 have been on target. At 59%, it is the best accuracy rate in the division.
• No team has scored more first-half goals in the Championship this season than Derby, who have netted 18.
• Derby have led at the break in 10 of their matches this term, and been behind at half-time only six times.
• They have conceded two goals in each of their last four outings, and in 10 of their 20 league games.
Darren Sheldrake - G 12, YC 32, RC 3.
CITY 2-1 DERBY
Championship Hull vs Bristol C 18-12-2010